Thursday, August 15, 2019

GLASSES, FOOD, AND THE GOSPEL. LET'S DO IT!!

VISION 2020
Watching someone receive new glasses and read for the first time in a long time is a thrill. Vision 2020 is an expansion of our eyeglass clinics. We have arranged shipments of new close vision glasses from the States and have a team of Colombians trained and eager to begin. Our first project will be on August 24 with a second one on Sept 7. Soon we should be able to do 4 or more projects monthly. 

PROJECT JOSEPH
The ministry continues to add new feeding programs, but more could be done. The need is overwhelming and the opportunities are increasing as more churches are beginning to get involved. We are praying to double our current monthly budget, which is $2500. ProJo is more than just feeding children as we have programs for the elderly, prisons, hospitals, and families in extreme need. 

PREACHING 
I had been praying for doors to open for me to preach and teach in the Bogota area. And doors have flung wide open. In August I am preaching every Wednesday and Sunday and I am already booked for the first 2 Sundays in September. I am also preaching an evangelistic/healing campaign at the end of August.

OCTOBER
I will be in the U.S. in October to preach, visit donors, and raise funds for our ministries. I look forward to seeing many of you and sharing in your church or group. If you would like to contact me about speaking or getting together please contact me at ktaven@gmail.com 

FAMILY

Elsa is once again busy teaching at CELCO, the language academy at our church. Gaby is on a 1-month vacation from school. She will be a junior starting Sept 9. I am so proud of her work in missions. A team visited the church (not one of ours) this month. Gaby served as the coordinator for the project and did a great job. 

GRATEFUL
Elsa, Gaby, and I are grateful for your prayer and support. You enable us to be here to do the ministry God has called us to do. I just started year 26 in missions and am more excited than ever at the open doors of ministry before us. 

ELSA, JOHN, AND GABY POWELL
ktaven@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment